It’s official. I’m on spring break! Can I get a woot, woot?!? It doesn’t feel that fun yet since today I still had to get Bekah to piano, Marissa to a small group event, and Phil came home from work feeling sick. Alisha fell asleep on the couch as soon as she got home from school. Not sure what that’s about, but I can tell you one thing…sickness will NOT be taking over MY spring break. It doesn’t dare! Phil is officially off too, and hopefully he feels better soon. He’s never sick…I mean never. In the almost 19 years we’ve been married I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen him lay down in the middle of the day because he doesn’t feel well. My to-do list for spring break is about a mile long and I’m going to need some assistance. Installing new blinds on our windows is not my thing. We have no fun plans, just lots of cleaning and sorting and getting rid of things.
It’s pretty obvious that I’m thankful for it being spring break, but I’ll tell you why…in bullet points no less!
- I can nap at will. Oh…I’m feeling tired…I can lay down right now and sleep.
- Not having to get dressed. If I want to clean the house in pajamas I can.
- Not having to do my hair and makeup. I’ll have to this weekend since we have church Friday and Sunday, and Saturday we’re invited to friend’s for dinner. But starting Monday…don’t just drop by unless you are not easily frightened.
- I’m really looking forward to cleaning out our garage. Sounds strange I know, but when I’m done with it, we’ll have a mini-gym that’s usable as opposed to pieces of exercise equipment in various closets. The real test will be if I’m disciplined enough to use it.
- Re-organizing the house. Again, sounds not so fun, but when I think of all the time-wasting clutter in my kitchen it makes me mad. Having the time to clean things out is awesome!
- Being able to sleep in. Did I mention that none of these things will take place until my eyes open of their own accord each day. No alarms allowed!
- Having more time to read and write…since I won’t be teaching those things.
These are the things I’m thankful for and looking forward to over spring break. What did you do or are you planning on doing over spring break?